Feedback from the Meet

Please post on here if attending the meet

Feedback from the Meet

Postby Rob » Thu Aug 15, 2024 10:55 am

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from te Meet

Postby sewerman » Sat Aug 31, 2024 6:09 pm

Another good one , think Simons car has earned the title most wokred on car of 2024 !

Weather gods were mainly kind until the wind took hold of the gazebo, fortunately no major damage caused.
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Duncan » Sat Aug 31, 2024 8:11 pm

sewerman wrote:Another good one , think Simons car has earned the title most wokred on car of 2024 !

Weather gods were mainly kind until the wind took hold of the gazebo, fortunately no major damage caused.

Yep. Ickle Zoe wasn't happy with a gazebo trying to get a bit too familiar. But she's OK. Unlike Mike's Gazebo which needs a couple of repairs. Thanks Mike for bringing it, hope it can be sorted. I domthink there might be places to buy replacement struts, and perhaps the Nano funds could help out?
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Sep 01, 2024 12:31 am

The 5th meet of our 2024 schedule went quite well the weather was kind to us, that was up until the Norse god Njord decided to loose one off and the T4 tent was turned upside down, then all was calm again lucky no one was hurt except little Zoe, whom mat have a little bruise or scratch.

I agree with Duncan maybe Rob can sort out some Nano tokens for repair of the tent if parts are available, lesson learnt next time we will add the corner holders/feet to the tent.

Fair few jobs again new wings changed out on Simons car, MAP sensor change due to mil light, inline stat, while the manifold was off, fair few T4 health checks once again, thank you Duncan, thanks' to Scott for helping with Simons car always a pleasure to work along side him, he always gets stuck in on any jobs :thumb:

Big thank you for owners for turning up we had 15 cars which is not bad considering it's the holiday weeks of the year.

Few photos below see you at the next one in September.
Image1

reason for the new wings.
Image2

Image3

different types of wheels i will let you guess the makes.
Image4

Image5

Image6

Image7

Image8

Image9

Image10

Cheers Arctic. :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Notts75 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:35 am

Just wanted to say thanks again to all who helped out on my car, especially Scott, Duncan and Steve.

Cruise control worked a charm on the way home and I’m getting the best mileage from the car since I’ve owned it!

All the best

Simon
Notts75

Postby Bunny04 » Sun Sep 01, 2024 8:15 pm

I was not in my 75 1.8T auto, but I showed for the first time and enjoyed the friendly company and the vibe of the meet. I am a newbie to Rover ownership of any kind (I don't know what came over me, but it can't have been all bad, because I do love the car and I am proud to own the 1.8T despite its infamy known to so many..).

Simon, two grommets were left in your rear bumper for the mudflaps - seems I needed those because they are not fitted as standard, they come with the flaps kit. I'll look out for some. As I recall, you are missing a neighboring fixing on the drivers side that receives a larger screw than the ones I took out (which were meant for the grommets mentioned). I think this fixing had no metal to attach to (corrosion). A cable tie might be the only answer.. I detached this particular fixing on mine today for no good reason (fiddly).

Looking to get a breathable car cover for winter when I sorn my car. Can anyone recommend please (someone did yesterday but I seem to have lost their contact details).

Jon L
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bunny04

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:25 pm

Notts75 wrote:Just wanted to say thanks again to all who helped out on my car, especially Scott, Duncan and Steve.

Cruise control worked a charm on the way home and I’m getting the best mileage from the car since I’ve owned it!

All the best

Simon

Hi Simon.
Please remember to check the coolant level tomorrow also, did you drive the car home with the engine temp on 19/7 etc, did it get up to temperature, and did you need to turn on the A/C to help get it down, most of the time the diesel with self bleed though.

From what you say above about the mileage it sounds like the engine got up to temperature and therefore helps with the MPG :thumb:
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby ARCTIC » Sun Sep 01, 2024 11:31 pm

Bunny04 wrote:I was not in my 75 1.8T auto, but I showed for the first time and enjoyed the friendly company and the vibe of the meet. I am a newbie to Rover ownership of any kind (I don't know what came over me, but it can't have been all bad, because I do love the car and I am proud to own the 1.8T despite its infamy known to so many..).

Simon, two grommets were left in your rear bumper for the mudflaps - seems I needed those because they are not fitted as standard, they come with the flaps kit. I'll look out for some. As I recall, you are missing a neighboring fixing on the drivers side that receives a larger screw than the ones I took out (which were meant for the grommets mentioned). I think this fixing had no metal to attach to (corrosion). A cable tie might be the only answer.. I detached this particular fixing on mine today for no good reason (fiddly).

Looking to get a breathable car cover for winter when I sorn my car. Can anyone recommend please (someone did yesterday but I seem to have lost their contact details).

Jon L

Hi Jon.
Nice to meet you yesterday and hope you will attend some more meets, a little link below for you because you have a sunroof on your nice looking R40, also noted from photo above it has the MGZT leather seats, which should make it a contemporary.
Willing to help.

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the Meet

Postby Notts75 » Tue Sep 03, 2024 9:30 pm

Hi Artic,

Drove home Saturday with the windows open and the heater on max. Checked Sunday and Monday coolant level before starting car and on both days it has not changed and was on full. So hoping it’s self bled.

I’ll let you know if anything happens.

All the best

Simon
Notts75

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 31 August 2024 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU