Feedback from the Meet

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Feedback from the Meet

Postby Rob » Sun May 26, 2024 2:59 pm

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the Meet

Postby Duncan » Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Enjoyed the meet. I think the new tech for doing the T4s (battery pack rather than genny) worked well enough. Tech fail though now I'm home as broadband is down. TG for phone tethering.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby ARCTIC » Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:34 pm

Well 3rd meet turned out nicely, quite a few new faces, and the usual stalwarts' Duncan on the T4 thank you as always, Stocktake sorting out vis motors, and on hand for extra knowledge, Scot for working on the removal of bumpers etc, always willing to get stuck in, Rob for sorting out the cars and knowledge about FBH for an owner, also the owners whom turn up every meet to make it what it is, it looks like we will have quite a few jobs to do at the next meet already.

I could have easily of changed out at least four handbrake compensators at this meet, it's still amazing how many have not had it done yet but alas i no longer do them, i have a couple which have been allocated for the next meet, but advise the owner to get the Mini R53 which also fits our cars, link below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325277515293 ... R4j6mtSMZA

See you all soon :thumb:
Willing to help.

You do the work. We supply the expertise

Nano Ethos
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=13
ARCTIC
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 30, 2024 10:54 am

What a great meet that was and more jobs getting done which was great to see and including free health checks on the T4, there were some lovely examples of the 75/ZT at the meet and we also had a 1954 Hillman Minx complete with its electronic ignition plus a fly past from some RAF trainers flying in convoy !

I will never get fed up of thanking people for attending and we had 20 cars , some new members and as ever some people to thank, Duncan for bringing the T4 and helping owners with free health checks and expert advice, Steve ( Arctic) for his sterling work, the rest of the crew for their help and advice and a big thanks to those owners who travelled a distance to get to us from Leeds, Bournemouth, Hereford, Gloucester to name a few , and lovely to see Dave & Marina again and thanks to Dave for sorting out my vis motors.

Finally anyone that has had issues joining the Nano website recently and had the IP spammer warning Mick has now tweaked the settings and all should now be good so please try again

Next meet is on Saturday 27 July, hope to see many of you there.

Pictures I took at the meet can be seen here:

viewforum.php?f=235

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Roderick87 » Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:08 pm

Many thanks to Rob for taking my 75 out for steering wobble run and suggesting what the problem may well be. I shall look into that in the coming week as it's driving me mad. Thanks to Steve for checking my handbrake, I'll get the actual brakes adjusted asap also. Thanks to Duncan for doing the T4, nice to know all was well bar the rear sensor issue – but confirming which sensor was the faulty one.
Nice to meet Scott again after such a long time too.
It was my first time at the new venue and thought what an ideal spot it was. I used the cafe for some food which was really tasty and met Don & Val also in there.
I would like to hope get there again but as my partner regrettably has the onset of Dementia, it is also becoming increasingly difficult to get out any where for any length of time.
Ray

Edit. PS Thanks Rob for all the wonderful photos you took, including seeing my Copperleaf, which considering was in need of a clean looks wonderful!
Roderick87

Postby Rob » Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:43 pm

Its a lovely car and doesnt drive like its over 20 years old and it was a pleasure to drive a manual diesel again after me changing to a V6 auto about 2 years ago, please let us know how you get in with the wheel wobble as it sure felt like a balancing issue to me, lets hope so as an easy fix, sorry to hear about your partner and family comes first but hope you can get to another meet at some time, if not you can post any issues on here and we will try and help

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Cashford » Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:41 pm

It was great to meet everyone. Thank you to Duncan for all the advice from the T4 and to all the other members too.

It was a log, but easy drive on the way home, but well worth it.

Charles
Cashford

Postby Roderick87 » Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:57 pm

Rob wrote:Its a lovely car and doesnt drive like its over 20 years old and it was a pleasure to drive a manual diesel again after me changing to a V6 auto about 2 years ago, please let us know how you get in with the wheel wobble as it sure felt like a balancing issue to me, lets hope so as an easy fix, sorry to hear about your partner and family comes first but hope you can get to another meet at some time, if not you can post any issues on here and we will try and help

Hi Rob, I can tell you that this morning I took the car in after checking the tyres which all seemed pretty good with 4-6mm tread on them, however, the tyre shop found on one front tyre a great chunk of rubber had come off the inside and was worn down to the steel and fabric! With a journey down to Exeter Friday, it could have been dangerous, so have replaced both front tyres immediately. I asked the tyre shop if everything was OK around the arches etc, and yes it was. I'll replace the rears next Spring before its next MOT. (Why the testers did not spot the damaged tyre, goodness knows).

So thanks for your confirmation drive last Saturday. Driving even better now. :clap:
Roderick87

Postby sewerman » Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:23 pm

Roderick87 wrote:
Rob wrote:Its a lovely car and doesnt drive like its over 20 years old and it was a pleasure to drive a manual diesel again after me changing to a V6 auto about 2 years ago, please let us know how you get in with the wheel wobble as it sure felt like a balancing issue to me, lets hope so as an easy fix, sorry to hear about your partner and family comes first but hope you can get to another meet at some time, if not you can post any issues on here and we will try and help

Hi Rob, I can tell you that this morning I took the car in after checking the tyres which all seemed pretty good with 4-6mm tread on them, however, the tyre shop found on one front tyre a great chunk of rubber had come off the inside and was worn down to the steel and fabric! With a journey down to Exeter Friday, it could have been dangerous, so have replaced both front tyres immediately. I asked the tyre shop if everything was OK around the arches etc, and yes it was. I'll replace the rears next Spring before its next MOT. (Why the testers did not spot the damaged tyre, goodness knows).

So thanks for your confirmation drive last Saturday. Driving even better now. :clap:

Hi Ray glad you got it sorted,

In my experience MOTs are of varied quality ,
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:50 pm

Yes pleased you have sorted it and thankfully before anything bad happened

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin