Advice needed from a new member

Please record your names here

Advice needed from a new member

Postby mason » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Hi all
I am a newbie to the world of the 75 and your club, I came down to your last meet this month for a quick look at your great cars and I am planning to come along again next month and spend more time, have a few small jobs I will be doing and hope to get some advice from you all.
I am willing to help out with anything that anyone is doing at the meet and that way I am sure that I will learn a lot more about these great cars.
Just for now I think I should have my cam belt changed, she has done 83K and still same belt so can anyone recommend a garage or mechanic to do this for me please I live in Stafford

Fingers crossed
mason

Re: Advice needed from a new member

Postby Duncan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:39 pm

I had mine done by Lates down near Rugby. Not so far from us (I'm just East of Stafford). I'm fairly happy doing most work on cars but decided the cam belts on a V6 are just too complex to mess with if you've not done them before.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby Mick » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:01 am

I second Lates and Pete as the best option for belt changes on the V6. Watching them work on these cars is a real eye opener. :)
Mick

Postby mason » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks for the advice
Mine is a V6 as well so I will be paying a visit to Lates in the near future, will do a few small jobs on her first and make sure she is ok before spending a lot of money on her, its great to get advice like this from people who know and I am looking forward to meeting some of you at Four Ashes next month
Thank you
Glen
mason

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Welcome aboard Glen , I missed you and your car at the last meet due to holiday but will see you in October.

Lates is recommended as is Nick from Austin Garages, Burton who knows these cars inside out and is probably a bit nearer for you , but either way you will get a good job done
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby mason » Tue Sep 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Rob wrote:Welcome aboard Glen , I missed you and your car at the last meet due to holiday but will see you in October.

Lates is recommended as is Nick from Austin Garages, Burton who knows these cars inside out and is probably a bit nearer for you , but either way you will get a good job done

Thank you Rob
I am looking forward to meeting you and other proud owners of the 75 at the next meet
See you there
Glen
mason

Return to Nano Meet 12/13 September 2015