Feedback from the Meet

Please post here if you are attending the meet

Re: Feedback from the Meet

Postby Duncan » Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:36 pm

And a thanks from me. Although my car wasn't present, had the opportunity to discuss an upcoming job on it with a few people, especially Steve (Arctic) and Mike (Bermudan 75).

Arms are a bit grazed, but faulty aircon pipe is now swapped out. PAS hose not yet tied out of the way, but ready to do so.

Fly in the ointment: big crack has appeared in the windscreen. No sign of impact damage, so no real idea why!

It won't be at the July meet (ickle Zoe will be there) but fingers crossed for the September one.....
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby daveo138 » Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:07 pm

Roderick87 wrote:
Hi Rob, I can tell you that this morning I took the car in after checking the tyres which all seemed pretty good with 4-6mm tread on them, however, the tyre shop found on one front tyre a great chunk of rubber had come off the inside and was worn down to the steel and fabric! With a journey down to Exeter Friday, it could have been dangerous, so have replaced both front tyres immediately. I asked the tyre shop if everything was OK around the arches etc, and yes it was. I'll replace the rears next Spring before its next MOT. (Why the testers did not spot the damaged tyre, goodness knows).

So thanks for your confirmation drive last Saturday. Driving even better now. :clap:

It would be interesting to know what the date codes on the tyres was.
daveo138

Postby Cashford » Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:53 pm

Hi All

Quick update from me... you will remember on my way to the meet the ABS light came on and the Speedo stopped working ... suspected ABS sensor/OSF wheel bearing so I ordered them on the day from DMGRS and they were fitted locally last week.... Well... Just to report all is well again the ABS light is off once more and the speedo is working perfectly again, so thank you for the advice on the day and for Duncan for confirming on the T4.

Oh and some other good news.. She passed her MoT.. the first one in my ownership so really great news.

I won't be able to make the July or Aug meet unfortunately, but I will try and make the September one.

Thanks All

CHARLES
Cashford

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 29 June 2024 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU