Feedback from the Meet

Please post your name if you are attending the meet

Feedback from the Meet

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:43 pm

Record here any feedback from the meet, maybe a comment on the venue, thanks to someone who helped you, or if you had work done on your car how did it go, or anything else you wish to mention
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Re: Feedback from the Meet

Postby sewerman » Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:51 pm

Another good one weather was mainly OK. Bumpers front and back were off T4 sessions done . See you all in a month

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:46 pm

Another successful meet , we had 17 cars and a number of jobs carried out plus thanks to Duncan for the free T4 sessions and expert advice, also thanks to the rest of the crew and Arctic for all his preparation for the meet and his tireless efforts to help other owners, thanks to all who came to make the meets what they are , next one will be held on Saturday 31 August , hope to see many owners there as we keep the Nano flag flying

Pictures I took are below including one of a tourer that was used as a taxi in Senegal , plus I took some of the marina to remind myself what a nice venue we now have

viewtopic.php?f=235&t=744
Nano Meets, " You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Robs Pictures at:

Robs Car Gallery
Rob
Site Admin

Postby Roderick87 » Mon Jul 29, 2024 12:24 pm

Hi guys, thanks for another entertaining Nano, always something going on!
Special thanks to Scott for managing to cut and remove screws to get the rear bumper off to examine the rear sensors. Unfortunate the replacement sensor didn't appear to work. Have discovered DMGRS do have a stock of ex Rover stock so have ordered one. Now the bumper has been off, loosened and I know what will happen I'll try doing it myself.
Regrettably I know I can't make the August Nano, maybe the Sept. meet. car will be on SORN for a while.
Thanks Rob for all the great photos as usual. I hadn't realised the canal was so close.
Ray.
Roderick87

Postby Roderick87 » Thu Aug 01, 2024 5:52 pm

Just a followup. I got a DMGRS original stock sensor (plus screws) and tried fitting it today. Managed to get the bumper off, resting on a spare tyre. Great difficulty getting the Ebay replacement sensor out of holder – which suddenly snapped in two.
Fitted the new new sensor. Put into reverse, it gave it's usual beeeep. Encouraging news, the 3 original ones are making faint clicking noises, silence from the new one.
I can't see anything else wrong at the moment. Wiring? Control unit? Put bumper back on, not easy but suddenly it all clicked into place. Car is now on SORN, swap it round for a Focus Friday morning and get that prepped.
Can't make August meet, maybe Sept, not sure at the moment. Thanks to all again. Ray
Roderick87

Postby sewerman » Sun Aug 04, 2024 7:51 am

Roderick87 wrote:Just a followup. I got a DMGRS original stock sensor (plus screws) and tried fitting it today. Managed to get the bumper off, resting on a spare tyre. Great difficulty getting the Ebay replacement sensor out of holder – which suddenly snapped in two.
Fitted the new new sensor. Put into reverse, it gave it's usual beeeep. Encouraging news, the 3 original ones are making faint clicking noises, silence from the new one.
I can't see anything else wrong at the moment. Wiring? Control unit? Put bumper back on, not easy but suddenly it all clicked into place. Car is now on SORN, swap it round for a Focus Friday morning and get that prepped.
Can't make August meet, maybe Sept, not sure at the moment. Thanks to all again. Ray

Hi RayUnfortunately it's a slow process of elimination. Have a look which colour reversing sensor unit you have black or white. It's on the Rightvhand side of the boot b3hind the carpet. So we can see if is that, otherwise its probably down to wire chasing. On the plus side you can now remove the bumper on your own.
sewerman
Nano Crew

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 27 July 2024 at KIngs Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU