Feedback from the Meet

Please post here if attending the meet

Re: Feedback from the Meet

Postby daveo138 » Wed Jul 17, 2024 7:59 pm

Duncan wrote:
So, a bit of further information on this topic. The front end is in bits on my 04 plate early facelift, and one of the jobs is to fit the deflector plate, as it's not bolted in on mine.

Offered it up to work out what bolts to use. It's clear how it fits. Even more clear given there is actually one already fitted, just that it's not bolted in. It's actually spot welded in place to the slam panel. I'll take a photo next time I'm playing.

That’s interesting. I wonder if mine has one. Presumably it’s visible with the air intake removed?
daveo138

Postby Duncan » Wed Jul 17, 2024 9:19 pm

daveo138 wrote:
Duncan wrote:
So, a bit of further information on this topic. The front end is in bits on my 04 plate early facelift, and one of the jobs is to fit the deflector plate, as it's not bolted in on mine.

Offered it up to work out what bolts to use. It's clear how it fits. Even more clear given there is actually one already fitted, just that it's not bolted in. It's actually spot welded in place to the slam panel. I'll take a photo next time I'm playing.

That’s interesting. I wonder if mine has one. Presumably it’s visible with the air intake removed?

Visible, no. Possible you could feel it, but not sure. I've had the bumper off as well as the slam panel. Slam panel was partly back on and next job was to fit the deflector. The holes are present, and match the deflector but the bumper has to be off to see that. I was considering what nuts and bolts to use, given they would seem to prevent the bumper fitting properly. I'd already held the deflecor in place to confirm where it fitted. Only when I spotted the spot weld marks did I stick my hand under the slam panel and realise the deflector was already there.
Duncan
Nano Crew

Postby sewerman » Wed Aug 28, 2024 2:47 pm

Well did mine this morning 04 plate no predrilled holes. It'd pretty easy only fits one way.clamped it in place drilled 2 holes and 2 pop rivets. Don't think bolts would do it unless they had very flat tops as the bumper sits on top.

Few pics
Before Image

Fitting direction

After from above and below

Sorry not up to Artics Standard

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk
sewerman
Nano Crew

Previous

Return to Midlands Nano Meet Sat 25 May 2024 at Kings Road Calf Heath WV10 7DU